THe fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven is Maurgerite. Eddie loves her so much. He finds her is Heaven as he walks through rooms and rooms of weddings from different cultures. She is one of the bridesmaids at an Italian wedding. She wore a straw hat that sat right on top of her flowing, black hair. She had a purple dress on and was handing out chocolate covered nuts. Eddie walked with her and told her everything. One thing about Maurgerite was that she loved kids. They wanted to adopt, but when Maurgerite swerved off a road on one of Eddie's birthdays, she learned of a liver problem. After being in the hospital, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor and they knew they would not be able to adopt. Through all this you could see Eddie and Maurgerite's love, in death, life, sickness, health, their love was always there.
The third person Eddie met in Heaven was Ruby as in the Ruby Pier. As a child, she was poor, but beautiful. She worked in a diner, and one day saw a man, the man of her dreams named Emile, they soon got engaged on the beach, and Emile said that he would build Ruby her very own amusement park. She was thrilled when she opened her eyes and saw every little detail in her very own park. The Carousel was from France and the Ferris Wheel was from Germany.
This has a big effect on Eddie and his father's life. If Ruby excepted another proposal, Eddie and his father probably would have never worked on Ruby Pier or even step foot on it. They might even not have lived in the community next to Ruby Pier.
Ruby shows Eddie that lives do intertwine even if you don't know that person. When Eddie approached Ruby, he had no idea who she was, at least with the Captain, he recognized him, and even the blue man, he recognized faintly.
Starting the book with an ending did have a large effect on the plot. Mitch Albom, the author, explains that it may be weird to start a book with an ending instead of a beginning, but all endings are a beginning. For Eddie, this is the start of his long journey in Heaven.
The second person Eddie meets in Heaven is his captain from the army. Eddie and the Captain knew each other so well. They lived together for three years. They were captured together. They took care of each of each other in illness and in health. The Captain was strict, but gave off tough love. He cared about his soldiers so much, even in agrevation. No matter what, he had their backs.
Eddie learns from the captain that love should always be given, no matter what. God created us as a family and that is something to take pride in. We should all share our love. No matter who it is, no man should be left behind.
Eddie was oblivious on Earth. He did not think another way besides his point of view. Of course, he was sad because he thought his life was a disappointment, just a maintenance man with no family. He wanted to reach his goal, but that did not happen so he just got himself thinking that his life was meaningless. He needed to learn when one door closes, another one opens, so he needed to be positive, also that one event can have two outcomes. When Eddie got to Heaven, he showed that he did love helping people even if it meant killing himself. In Heaven, he will learn valuable lessons that he will never forget!
The first person Eddie meets in Heaven is the blue man (aka Joseph Corvelszchik). He was a foreign man who moved to America as he was small. He was always nervous and worked in a factory as small as age ten. His father told him about the men in the factory and said to keep his head down. Once he dropped a basket of buttons, all the men cursed and even his father frowned upon him. This made him even more nervous so his doctor prescribed him something that turned him blue. He then worked at the sideshow on Ruby Pier as a "freak". One day he was practicing his driving and a little kid (age seven, Eddie) suddenly ran across the street with a bat in hand, chasing a baseball, he frantically stopped, but his nervousness got the best of him. He swerved down the road and banged into someone. He got out of the car and had a heart attack. The police later found him that Sunday in a small alleyway. Many strangers attended his funeral due to the lack of relatives. In Heaven, no one realized his skin, it turned a perfect tone, so those imperfections on Earth, don't matter in the most heavenly places...
He taught Eddie that one event can turn out to have the most different outcomes. One outcome can be tragic and another can be happy. This is a very wise thing to say. Like Eddie's death, the key fell through years before and no one ever thought that it would kill someone decades later. This happens a lot in life, sometimes it is not as extreme a theses situation and sometimes it is, so that is something to think about in life.
This is so true. God has a plan for everyone. Just when you think your world is over, something else comes of it. Something better. Something that brightens your day. There is never a time when God isn't there guiding us. Even when we do wrong, he still wants the best of us, he knows of our flaws. He does not make fun of us for that, he helps us and strengthens us. The end is aways a beginning
1. Grandpa Al
- I always see pictures of him holding me, smiling when I was small. He made my family laugh, he was the what stuck us all together. He made my grandma feel great. I wonder what it would be like to have a grandpa again. He was a golfer and he would be so proud to see me play, so when I see him again, I wish to play a couple rounds with him.
2. Grandpa Bob
- I never got to meet him, but I could always tell how great he really is, he loved animals. He always got my aunt and mom pets. They once had six bunnies and he made a small house for them. I can picture us playing with my bunny, Floppy, for hours upon hours.
3. Great Grandma Mae
- I am named after her. My grandma always said that she was a fun and exciting person to be around. She lived life to the fullest. I want to spend a night with her when i see her again.
4. Great Grandma Mema
- I got the privilege to spend time with her in NYC, then she moved to Florida. She had lots of troubles, moving around was one, so I want to see her in Heaven, free of pain.
- He is why I am here on Earth, why I have this family, why I live this life. He gave me a path on Earth and I am going to use up all the talent he gave me and bottle it up. Every time I do something wrong, I want to trade it out for the right things. I can't though, that is why I am human. I know that I have trouble looking at the big picture. I get so wound up in all the little things, and he loves it when I try. I just want to see him and give a big hug because I love him so much.
- That is all I want to do for all these people, I miss them so much.
Everyone (except God)- How is heaven?
Do you miss anyone on Earth?
God- How could I have lived a better life?
"The Five People you Meet in Heaven"